Thursday, July 11, 2013

Milk Peda ( Milk Fudge)


Today I am posting one of the favourite sweets that is available in my homeland – Milk Peda (ok so we may have some competition in ladoos & jalebis). This is something real sweet & is pretty easy to cook on a stove top. After flopping on a huge scale in my first attempt, I guess I had preserve for the second attempt. Usually this is made with milk, but that process is really time consuming & being in one of my lazy moods I opted to go with milk powder. You can use either full fat or skimmed powder. Usually kesar (saffron) is added to get that light gold rich colour. At times they add food colouring too. I have skipped both of these steps, keeping this recipe short and sweet. For the topping, you can add pistachios/almonds/cashew nuts etc.

Ingredients
  • 50 gms butter
  • 1 cup milk powder
  • 1/2 tin of condensed milk (200 gms)
  • Pistachios to garnish

NOTE: Non-stick pan is a must to avoid the burning of the mixture.
Take a non-stick pan and melt the butter. Add condensed milk and milk powder and mix completely until no lumps are formed. Heat this on a low flame for a minute or two.

Take off from the heat and mix. Again put it back on the heat and mix for a minute and take it off the heat. Repeat this step one more time. You can see the mixture getting thick and leaving the sides of the pan.

Take off the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Rub some ghee on your hands and make small balls and flatten it a little bit.


Garnish with pistachios. Enjooyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments: